Great call with Cynthia. She's a very good listener/learner. Recently took over for Christine as the director and wants to start using msc better. Lots of talk about setting up their meals. She'll be in touch soon to have us sign up a bunch of people for meals for her.
Spoke further on their Services needs. It still almost sounds like they just need to learn and decide on a way to enter services so that they are able to get what they need out of the system. I showed her multi category entries and explained that EOEA looks at categories. If they wanted 3 units on an entry, that means 3x category multi add. They haven't played with service stats really at all. She's going to tinker around and learn how items show up, also hopefully performing a couple multi-adds. Call went well, she's very thankful for all our effort. She will get back to me later this week.
Started with email. Called her to discuss. They use the single-person statistics to have their volunteers submit their hours monthly as a sort of proof. However, they have tax write off categories and regular volunteering and they'd like it separated. Sounds like regular stats may not work because it doesn't give the individual volunteer instances (but also because she wants the single person to submit just their hours without seeing everyone elses). They also mentioned EOEA changes this year might include tax write off stuff? Asked her to check around other centers to see how they do it and if perhaps a new feature/tool is in order to benefit many centers.
Spoke with Becca over multiple calls. She's tired of her old bad data site (old directer did a lot of forgery) so we're turning them into an enterprise site so they can have a new site and only use that moving forward. No data transfer/merging. Going to rename old site to Old EBSC.
This was a data call. Answered all questions related to the data import. They did send me a sample template. We talked about some of them not being needed so they asked me to highlight the fields I think they can leave out. I'll do that today and send it to them. They feel confident now. They will have the data ready by October 1st the latest but they expect to have it earlier than that.
Meeting with several people at Marshfield and Danielle from Card Connect. General questions about getting started, they want things to be perfect before they pull the trigger. Call went well. They're going to discuss with a nearby center, Plymouth, to see how it's going with them. They are also looking at getting payments going and have been in talks with Chris. If Rob from Plymouth gives the thumbs up, Marshfield will as well.
1 hour long call discussing organizing activities on MAC. How they'd like it to work conflicts with how other centers would expect or are used to it working. Unique name activities in templates was most of the convo, also briefly discussed contracts. I think we can make a couple changes for them to help without hurting other centers. Additional changes would be larger and/or settings to further customize MAC center to center.
Essentially they need each unique named activity to display on its own with its own details. Would prefer the template to not show when it has unique activities.
This call was to discuss what will be covered in their upcoming training. Dave wants a full explanation of MSC's accounting ability. Basically, the accounting questions relate to how to capture details in the Cash Receipts Journal (MSC) so we'll know who paid, what method and how much, and for what activity(ies). In addition we need to understand how to reconcile the daily cash receipts recorded in MSC to the bank deposit and to obtain the level of detail to support the cash receipts posting to the General Ledger (QuickBooks). Finally, certain activities create a situation where members owe money for an activity. The details of that amount of owed money is recorded in an Accounts Receivable Ledger, which MSC may be able to support. Ideally, implementing these suggestions will enable QSC to match revenue (for activities, trips, and other programs) at the level of detail with a comparable level of detail for expenses in QuickBooks. This will provide profit/loss information as well as provide the ability to report on a modified accrual basis to help inform management decisions.
Super nice gal. Questions about how best to track volunteer information. Settled on Custom Fields as they want to know start dates. Also showed how to view that info in stats. They're interested in organizing their events (they have aloooot), offered to merge them. Bill's going to provide an Excel list for them.
Hoping to use the system more. Found out about MAC. Been closed since March but will be slowly reopening soon. Recommended training, showed them how to sign up for that. Discussed we can flip on MAC at any time, showed her a little about how activities work online. They're likely going to do a training with her and her coworker soon.
Zoom meeting similar to yesterdays. Questions about instructors getting the rosters for online classes. Showed them the roster print and the Event Statistics. Covered a little bit of the new texting tool and Covid report. They're feeling good but a bit stressed about wallets not being usable online and their expected call volume.
Help getting their kiosk back up and running. Looks like there's a windows password blocking them. TV can't connect either. They have 2 other kiosks, both working. Going to use those 2 for the time being. Activate/crm is also messy, working on getting that cleaned up.
Called to invite me to a zoom meeting containing about 4-5 staff members. General Q's about payments and registrations. They maintain a bunch of data in Excel. Probably need to get them using MSC 100%. Very interested in the upcoming virtual activities feature on MAC.